Sunday, May 25, 2014

What Makes You Happy?

Ok, so right now I'm meant to be studying for a pathophysiology quiz I have tomorrow but to be honest I don't think my brain can take looking at another case study so instead I thought I'd distract myself with a blog post. I've actually had the Sheryl Crow song, "If It Makes You Happy" stuck in my head for the last couple of hours, so I thought I'd just go with it! 

A few days ago we had our car serviced and dun dun dun the engine needs a complete overhaul. Eek! Yeah not cheap, so what did I do after hearing the terrible news? I went and bought flowers. This might sound a little odd, but I find flowers REALLY cheer me up when I'm down, and because of that I try to buy fresh flowers every week. We have this great little grocer a few suburbs over and the guy that owns it sells really beautiful flowers, really cheap! Score. I tend to get 3 different bunches for $12 and often he'll throw in a bunch for free, which lasts me over a week if not longer depending on the flower variety. I bought these really pretty peach colour roses this week and they definitely lifted me out of my car blues. 

I find little things can make me happy, like baking a cake, going for a walk, listening to music, being at the beach and seeing my little bears happy. We spent a long lazy day in the botanical gardens this week and they were so happy running around, attempting handstands, having a picnic. It made me happy. 

Anyway, just thought I'd share a few things that make me happy. What makes you happy?


No comments:

Post a Comment